Our homes should feel like a castle. We need to love where we live. There is nothing better than coming home from work to relax in your own luxurious home. People tend to think that living in a luxurious home is going to cost you an arm and a leg.
This is not true. You can give your home a luxurious feel just by changing a few things and adding some new decor and design. The key is to keep your look understated so you can achieve the luxurious style that fits in with your home life and your budget.
Here are ten ways you can give your home a luxurious feel to without breaking the bank or knocking down walls and removing furniture.
- Add a focal point to your room, something that catches the eye
- Use warm colours for walls, carpets/rugs and décor items
- Use some plush seating, with rich high-quality materials
- Layer your floor coverings for extra comfort and warmth during winter
- Add an antique piece. These offer style without clashing with modern themes
- Luxurious spaces need shine don’t be afraid to add a little metallic décor to the scene
- Keep it simple, over cluttering can take away the luxurious feel
- Use light shades to keep the lighting down to warmer shades
- Keep everything organised if you have a lot of separate items consider keeping them in a nice box or wooden crate that you can also use as décor
- Bring some oasis plants into your home, these will need to be live plants. Fake plants won’t give you the luxury feel.
We all crave a home that feels like our own little oasis. Somewhere we can entertain friends and family, relax and watch a movie or spend time just reading a book. Interior design consultations are readily available if you have the budget to spend and are looking for a knowledgable helping hand.
There is no need to be rolling in riches to have the style you have dreamed of. Just by adding a few simple touches will give your home a luxurious feel to it and most times it is just a matter of where items are places and the types of décor you use.
If you have a low budget try thrift stores. They often have many different décor items for sale and are priced very reasonably.
It can also help to advertise in local newspapers and local add boards for pieces of décor or furniture you are looking for. Sometimes people have items sitting around their garage and are happy to sell cheaply or even give away for free.
Don’t go overboard with your window coverings you don’t want anything that is patterned or has many colours through it, stick to one coloured curtain or blind.
No matter whether you like luxurious with your rustic theme or even modern or classic a luxury charm will fit in with all different themes in your home. Sometimes just by adding some gathered flowers, some metallic décor or some nice throw pillows on your couch will help add some luxury flair to your home.